- PMMMNMTT scheme envisages to develop effective and efficient teachers who are responsive to the needs of the learners in both local and global contexts, in the competitive educational system and the diversified knowledge requirements of the contemporary society.
- He vision of TLC at IITH is an effective education ecosystem (3E). The aim is to facilitate learning in teaching to provide an academic environment which can enable students to discover, invent, create, innovate and develop (DICID- a concept from http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/03043790701433061#.VYpT6_mqqko) and compete in the 21st century.
- To accelerate teaching-learning process by way of promoting independent, critical and creative thinking.
- To hand hold the teaching community in facilitating research for subject specific growth.
- To enable the development of skills engaging latest technological devices as aids to teaching-learning process.
- To help faculty in capacity building for curriculum designing and scientific assessment and evaluation.
- To develop innovative programmes that will strengthen the inclusive nature of higher education by bringing the disadvantaged and marginalized sections of the society.